The Anti-Hate Crime Ambassador Programme works with year 8 and 9 pupils to enable them to become leaders in their school and community tackling prejudice and championing diversity.
Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors:
1. understand the causes and consequences of prejudice and discrimination and the protected characteristics under equalities law.
2. are equipped with the skills to critically assess language, sources and information.
3. have the skills and confidence to carry out effective interventions in their school and the wider community to tackle discrimination and build more resilient communities.
Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors take the lead in their schools and communities challenging stereotypes and promoting a welcoming environment for all.
In the last 12 months Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors have:
- got people talking at local community events
- trained teachers in appropriate responses to stereotyping, sexism and hurtful language in schools
- mentored primary school pupils to help them become leaders in their schools (including completing a level 2 peer mentoring qualification)
- created online shareable resources including writing and recording a song and an anti-bullying video as part of their Rise Up campaign
To find out more information about bringing the Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors Progarmme to your school fill in the contact form below.