Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors
The Anti-Hate Crime Ambassador Programme works with year 8 and 9 pupils to enable them to become leaders in their school and community tackling prejudice and championing diversity.
Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors:
- Understand the causes and consequences of prejudice and discrimination and the protected characteristics under equalities law.
- Are equipped with the skills to critically assess language, sources and information.
- Have the skills and confidence to carry out effective interventions in their school and the wider community to tackle discrimination and build more resilient communities.
Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors take the lead in their schools and communities challenging stereotypes and promoting a welcoming environment for all.
In the last 12 months Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors have:
- Got people talking at local community events.
- Trained teachers in appropriate responses to stereotyping, sexism and hurtful language in schools.
- Mentored primary school pupils to help them become leaders in their schools (including completing a level 2 peer mentoring qualification).
- Created online shareable resources including writing and recording a song and an anti-bullying video as part of their Rise Up campaign.
To find out more information about bringing the Anti-Hate Crime Ambassadors Progarmme to your school fill in the contact form below.