Volunteer Community Ambassadors
We are working with the communities of South Gloucestershire to make sure eligible EU nationals apply to the EU settlement scheme before the Brexit deadline, to protect their future residence rights.
Our priority is for EU nationals to continue to access their rights in the future, so that their current residence is as minimally affected by Brexit as possible.
We do this by:
• raising awareness of the scheme throughout our network across South Gloucestershire.
• providing tailored support to individual cases, talking people through their concerns about Brexit and options to best protect their rights for the future.
• developing a network of community ambassadors, so that community members can be supported in their preferred language via a community member.
Would you like to support your community?
We regularly recruit volunteer community ambassadors to provide information and translation support about the EUSS to the European community of South Gloucestershire.
As part of this role you will gain:
- experience of front line community support work, delivered via an established, well-connected network.
- detailed advocacy training of the settlement scheme application process.
- training in professional skills: risk assessing, professional boundaries, confidentiality, safeguarding, casework, public speaking.
- supervision and support from the Coordinator.
If you speak a second language and would like to be involved please get in touch.
No formal qualifications are required, training is provided.
All speakers of European languages are encouraged to apply. Especially needed are applications from Romanian, Polish, Estonian & Slovak speakers.