West of England Works
This project receives financial support from the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
How the project can support you
If you are unemployed, this project can help you breakdown your barriers to enable you to find employment, education or training.
A job coach will work with you one-to-one to come up with an action plan and support you to overcome any issues that are preventing you from employment or training.
The job coach will then meet with you on a weekly basis to help you overcome any issues you are facing.
We have helped over 140 people since the project launched in January 2017.
The project is led by Weston College and is a collaboration of locally based voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations working across the West of England.
Am I Eligible?
Before you can participate in the programme, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Is currently unemployed (If claiming JSA then you must have been unemployed for at least 12 months)
- Aged 15 or over
- Lives in South Gloucestershire
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom
- Face multiple barriers into education, training or employment (at least two from the list below)
Do you have any of these apply to you?
- Mental health
- Medical condition
- Lack of qualifications or skills
- Offender and ex-offenders
- Drug or alcohol misuse
- Parental or carer responsibilities
- Lack of transport
- Single parent or family issues
- Physical health or disability
- Domestic violence
- Financial issues or debt
- Learning disability
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Long term unemployed
- Social isolation
- Over 50 years old
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to participate in the project?
There is no cost to be involved in this project and the support is completely free.
How long can I stay on the project?
The project is funded until December 2019. We will work with the participant for as long as needed to enter into employment, education or training.
Will taking part affect my benefits?
Your benefits should not be affected but you may need to keep the jobcentre updated on your involvement with the project. We work closely with the local Job Centres so they should be aware of the project. We can provide a letter to your Work Coach to confirm that you have started on the project.