Introduction to Youth Work Course – Southmead
This Introduction to Youth Work course is suitable for anyone interested in working or volunteering with young people. It will cover an introduction to good practice, relevant legislation, what makes a good youth worker, planning activities using the NAOMIE model, career opportunities, and the key stages of adolescence. It will be an opportunity to exchange ideas and gain practical experience.
- Understand the purpose of youth work
- The importance of building relationships
- Identify the role of groups and their dynamics
- The importance of equality and diversity
- Indicate the importance of partnership working
2 hours per week for 8 weeks
What does it cost?
This course is FREE if you have less than a Level 2 qualification and aged over 19 years old.
If you are not eligible for a free place then please contact us for a price on 01454 868572.
When and Where
- 12th Feb 2018 10am – 12pm at The Greenway Centre, Doncaster Road, Southmead, BS10 5PY FULLY BOOKED
- 5th Mar 2018 9.30am – 11.30am at Patchway Youth Centre, Coniston Road, BS34 5LP
“Really good course, I enjoyed all of the activities and sessions. Ternaya always had time to answer questions and made everyone welcome.”
“Gaining more knowledge on the skills needed for youth work. Course worked really well – handouts and exercises really good. I kept engaged for the whole course which is unusual for me.”
- Accredited L2 or L3 Award, Certificate, Diploma in Youth Work Practice,
- Volunteering Opportunities in local youth provisions
- Job opportunities in youth work/schools.
You can complete the secure booking form below or contact us on 01454 868570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org