Social Prescribing - Link Worker
Salary: 20k - 22,462k pending on experience
Hours : Full Time 37h per week. Permanent subject to funding
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the new Social Prescribing service in South Gloucestershire working with GP practices as part of Primary Care Networks!
Social prescribing is a way for GP practices to refer people to a link worker. Link workers give people time, focusing on ‘what matters to me’ and taking a holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing. They connect people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support.
Southern Brooks Community Partnerships and Developing Health and Independence are working in partnership across South Gloucestershire to deliver this service, combining strong community development practices and community knowledge with social prescribing expertise and experience.
You will have a genuine interest and passion to empower people and help them access community activities. You will make one-to-one connections with people in their local GP practices, working as part of the team with multi-disciplinary colleagues and may visit people in their homes when needed.
At least 2 years’ paid and/or voluntary experience of working with people with health and social needs or community – based work with socially excluded groups is required.
Community Cohesion Development Manager
*NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES*
14 hours per week, with an additional day for development work available in the first 3 months
£26,936 pro rata, subject to experience
Southern Brooks is a Charity that aims to help people to achieve their full potential. We are looking for a Community Cohesion Development Manager to join our dynamic team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation which is building a local and national reputation as a leader in community cohesion. The role will be taking over at a time with numerous opportunities for developing new projects and funding streams, the available initial additional hours will be focussed on developing these opportunities with the hope that the role will grow and expand as our work does.
Tasks will include:
- Ensure that communities and agencies have the skills, knowledge, confidence and resilience to be able to challenge hatred, prejudice and discrimination
- Continue to have communities that welcome people, are friendly and where people feel safe and secure, with relationships based on trust and respect
- Continue to build strong connections and relationships within and between communities.
- Create opportunities for people from different cultures, age groups and experience to get together over the issues that matter to them
The primary purpose of this role is to be a strategic lead within the organisation developing our community cohesion work and supporting the community cohesion team while delivering work on the ground with local faith communities.
Interviews will be on the 6th of September 2019
For any questions please email Caroline Browne through email@example.com
Community Development Coordinator
30h per Week
£20,235 - £23,398 pro rata, subject to experience
Southern Brooks is a Charity that aims to help people to achieve their full potential. We are looking for a Community Coordinator to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited for an experienced Community Development Co-ordinator.
The focus of the work will be to improve outcomes for people in the area and encourage people to take responsibility for the changes that they want to see, their own lives and in that of the community. Our goal is to increase individual wellbeing, strengthening communities and decreasing the need for statutory organisations intervention
Tasks will include:
- Actively motivate people to respond to local consultation on issues that affect them and promote community meetings.
- Identify, recruit and support volunteers to develop new initiatives and support the develop of the Patchway Hub
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for community members from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Coordinate and participate in multi-agency meetings
- Regular training Opportunities
- Individual Development Plan
- Flexible Work
Closing date is 12 pm 27th of August 2019, and interviews will be held on 4th September times to be confirmed.
We do not accept CVs.
If you have any questions then please contact Catherine Coleman on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Development Café Manager
21 hours per week - £12,50 per hour
Location: Coniston Community Centre, Patchway, Bristol
Southern Brooks is a Charity that aims to help people to achieve their full potential. We are looking for a Community Development Café manager to join our dynamic team. This permanent position is well suited for an experienced community manager that is looking for a new challenge in a thriving and supportive workplace.
This an exciting time to join our team as we are establishing a new Community Hub, in partnership with Coniston Community Centre. You will work closely with the community and other local partners to make sure that the Hub meets the needs of the community.
Tasks will include:
- Volunteer and apprenticeship recruitment and management
- Initiate Community events to take place at Brooks Cafe
- Develop new initiatives such as activities and groups in response to the assets and needs of the community
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for community members
- Regular Training Opportunities
- Individual Development plan
- Flexible Work
Closing date is 12 pm Friday 30th August 2019 and interviews held on 4th September times to be confirmed
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com