Employment & Skills Development Coach
Salary: £24,660 per annum pro rata
Contract: Fixed contract from January 2020 – December 2021
37 hours per week (job share will be considered)
Closing Date: 20th December 2019
Interview Dates: 2nd January 2020
The main purpose of this project is to increase readiness, ability and confidence of unemployed or economically inactive people, to seek or enter employment, education or training and improve relationships between employers, training providers, the VCSE sector and statutory agencies, with a better 3-way flow of intelligence, resulting in better prepared people and employers.
This project will address the current lack of co-ordinated intensive relationship based work needed for people who are disengaged, socially excluded and furthest from education, training and the job market, by providing a unique model of supporting people on the journey from social exclusion to participation in education, training and employment.
To be a designated Key Worker from engagement in the programme throughout their journey guiding participants towards a positive progression, achieving the outcomes of moving into active job search, securing employment or accessing training/ apprenticeships. You will support the participant to co-design their own individual programme to meet their specific circumstances and needs.
Application packs may be downloaded from our website www.southernbrooks.org.uk or ring Carlos Da Rosa on 01454 868570 or email email@example.com
If you would like to discuss any of the roles, please ring Ternaya Cummings on 01454 868570.
We don't accept CV's. Please download the application pack and submit it to recruitment @southernbrooks.org.uk
Salary: £31,935 per annum pro rata
Hours: 30h per week
Starting Date: 16th of March 2020
Closing Date: 16th of December 2019
Interviews: 6th of January 2020
ABOUT THE JOB:
Reporting to Southern Brooks Chief Executive and member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) the post-holder will work to develop and manage the Company’s accounting systems and procedures, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all financial matters.
The postholder will also provide line management to the Finance Administrator. The role will require someone who is willing to work flexibly and independently, with minimal Supervision.
The ideal person must be adaptable and comfortable working within a rapidly changing environment. Aspects of this role will require a high level of confidentiality and the ability to act accordingly.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the CEO, Senior Management Team and Board in business planning, strategic and organisational development, to deliver a sustainable future for the organisation.
- Work with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to develop strategies, processes and procedures to improve operations and ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Undertake analysis of the Company’s financial performance and provide regular, up to date financial information to the CEO, Treasurer, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
o Attend and provide written and verbal reports as required to the Board, Finance Committee and quarterly review meetings.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation; HMRC tax returns, corporation tax, Charity Commission, PAYE.
- Contribute to the senior management team as an active member.
Key tasks (Management Accounts)
- Prepare financial statements including quarterly Management Accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecast) and provide commentary for management and board.
- Compare and assess actual performance against forecast performance.
- Assist with the Audit of annual and long-term organisational forecasts to support strategic plans and work programmes.
- Produce annual accounts in line with all SORP and statutory requirements and work with the CEO and Chair of Trustees to produce the annual report.
- Provide the Auditors with all relevant information.
Key tasks (Financial Management)
- Manage Partners Funding.
- Manage day to day financial operations including bank payments and reconciliations, invoicing, submissions and exemption calculations and petty cash.
- Assist managers, project leads and budget holders to develop and monitor fully costed project proposals and budgets, using full cost recovery methodology.
- Use appropriate cost drivers to ensure the correct apportionment of overheads and direct costs.
- Assist in assessing income generation activities and funding applications.
- Record, analyse and collate financial information to ensure funders’ monitoring and claiming requirements are met.
- Maintain the Company’s financial risk register in consultation with the Director.
- Prepare and process monthly payroll, including pensions.
o Ensure correct returns to HM Revenue & Customs and pension providers.
- Line manage designated staff.
If you have any questions please contact Jackie Lawton on 01454 868570.
* Please Download and complete the application form before clicking "Apply"