One You South Gloucestershire is an integrated healthy lifestyles service led by South Gloucestershire Council. Southern Brooks Community Partnerships and partners deliver the Wellbeing element of the service.
As part of the programme, there is a small grant scheme of £12,000 per annum, which will be distributed in grants between £50 to £1,000. For this financial year, the grants will be distributed through two grant-making panels. All funding needs to be spent by March 31st 2020.
The purpose of the grants is to reduce the five leading risk factors that contribute to reduced quality of life, early death and health inequalities in South Gloucestershire:
- tobacco smoking
- alcohol use
- poor diet and excess weight
- physical inactivity
- poor mental health and emotional wellbeing
We plan to distribute 60% of the funding to:
- BME groups
- Disabled people
- People who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender
- People who have low incomes
- Groups working with men
- People with long term health conditions
- People who live in the neighbourhoods of Cadbury Heath, Patchway, Staple Hill, Yate and Kingswood
Our approach is to build community resilience by helping people set up and sustain groups that address health inequalities and build on their skills and interests, with small grants for local initiatives to improve health and wellbeing.
To apply, you need to be a community group with a constitution and a bank account. If you don’t have this, CVS South Gloucestershire can help. To contact the CVS please call 01454 865205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Or perhaps an existing group would manage the funds on your behalf, while you get set up.
If the grant request is for more than £100 then submission dates will be available after 1st April 2020. We hope to notify of the outcome around 2 weeks after the closing date. Small grants of under £100 can be submitted anytime.
The following organisations have been successful applying for the One You South Glos Community Grant:
- Avon Indian Community Association
- Bristol After Stroke
- Downend and Frenchay Tennis Club
- Mud Pie Explorers CIC
- Be Empowered Farm Futures
- Café Church
- Happy Days Community Café
- Juice CIC
- Bristol Community Cafés CIC
- Carers Support Centre
- Lyde Green Community Assocation
- Milestones Trust
- Positive Steps
- South Gloucestershire Chinese Association
- Staple Hill Community Hub
- Winterbourne and District Community Association
Other Funding Sources for South Gloucestershire
Member Awarded Funding
Local voluntary community groups, social enterprise organisations and town and parish councils can apply to South Gloucestershire Councillors for funding for their local projects, events and services.
Area Wide Grants
The Area Wide Grant scheme round two is open with a deadline for applications of 24 October 2019. Applications should be for projects taking place after award decisions are published in March 2020.