You might not feel ready to join a group session. We can still help. We are working with a specialist health coach from Oasis-Talk who can help you feel ready to become involved.
Enhanced support provides one-to-one support to look at your strengths and barriers that are affecting your wellbeing. This understanding informs the creation of a wellbeing plan based on the 5 Ways to Wellbeing (research shows that making changes in these 5 areas of our lives can improve our wellbeing).
Enhanced support could include the following:
- Tailoring the 5 ways to wellbeing to your needs. Understanding your needs can help to identify small changes that you could make to lead to improving your wellbeing. One-to-one support can look in more detail at specific barriers and how to overcome them.
- Empowering you to make small changes which should improve your wellbeing.
- Signposting to organisations that may benefit you to maintain your improved wellbeing. This may include looking at new groups or existing connections.
- Help with problem-solving and reconnecting with your local community.
Using a coaching approach in this role guides you to find and engage with your solutions to problems.
Our enhanced support worker has:
- an understanding of how to help people make changes in their life to improve their wellbeing.
- an understanding of how to help people understand habits that are not beneficial to their wellbeing.
- help people build healthy habits that last.
- help people to change their thinking around their behaviours.
- Help people to have insight into their own behaviours and what drives their behaviours.
- Support provided is based on research evidence.
- To help people develop systems that over time will lead to them making healthier choices.
This service does not provide:
- Support with completing forms or helping with accessing welfare benefits.
- Counselling, bereavement support and/or support for addressing significant trauma.
- Mental Health, Emotional Intensity (Personality disordered conduct) or Behaviourally challenging (Aspergers / Autism / ADHD) Therapy.
- Crisis Support while waiting to access another service.
- A service to hold someone while they are waiting to access another service – e.g. Talking Therapies, VitaMinds, Counselling, CBT, Therapy
- A Befriending service.
- A Social Worker - who would be involved where the presenting issues could lead to safeguarding concerns - hoarding behaviours/self neglect/exploitation/being exploited – making unwise decisions placing an individual in danger.