One You South Gloucestershire - Wellbeing
About the service
One You South Gloucestershire brings everything together to support local people in South Gloucestershire to improve their wellbeing as well as make healthier lifestyle choices.
The service is delivered jointly by Southern Brooks Community Partnerships and South Gloucestershire Council and other community partners including Oasis Talk, The Diversity Trust, The Carers Support Centre and Developing Health and Independence (DHI). This service builds on the previous provision of the Wellbeing College, Community Connectors and Health Champions.
Aims of the Service
- Feel more confident about managing your emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more able to get involved in your local communities
- Feel less isolated, and anxious
- Feel able to make changes in other areas of your lives
One You South Gloucestershire is for all adults over the age of 18 who are South Gloucestershire residents or registered with a GP practice in South Gloucestershire.
The Art of Nature
In this session we will look at the influence of nature in art and a craft activity we can do at home.
New Year New Wellbeing
Join us to explore how you can start to take small steps, set achievable goals and get more motivated.
Wellbeing Workshop Taster Sessions
Build ways to make it through some of the challenges that life brings
Tea & Talk
Grab a cuppa, meet new people and have a chat
Keep Calm & Draw
Explore how and why art can improve wellbeing, in a friendly and supportive environment
Photography for Wellbeing
Improve your wellbeing and form social connections through photography and discussions
Explore ways that you can start to prioritise your own wellbeing through practising self-care
Guided Visualisation Meditation
Visualise different places, experiences and colours to help bring a holistic balance and positive sense of wellbeing
Look at what we can do for our winter wellbeing, so you can make the memories that living is really about
Wellbeing Support Group
Meet with new people to share your own experiences of what helps to improve and maintain good emotional wellbeing.
This 6 week course will offer beginners the opportunity to learn the Shibashi form, and is suitable for most abilities.
Courses for Carers
Courses for carers to improve and maintain wellbeing
Thriving at Work
Information and support for local employers to support staff
Get in touch
Sign up to our mailing list
Get notified when we add new workshops and courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- NHS check your symptoms
- NHS Health guidance
- GOV.UK information on coronavirus
- Multilingual Coronavirus Information
- Be Aware of Coronavirus Scams
- One You South Glos Coronavirus Information
- 10 anxiety tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Bristol independent businesses delivering & providing remote services during Coronavirus shutdown
- Coping strategies for anxious times
- NHS - Fitness Studio Exercise Videos
Which other organisations can support me?
- AWP Mental health 24/7 telephone response line - 0300 3031320
- National and local organisations for wellbeing support
- Independent Mental Health Network - Service and Organisation Guide
- South Gloucestershire Community Meals
- South Gloucestershire Food Banks
- South Gloucestershire Council’s Welfare Grants Scheme
- British Red Cross – Wiltshire, Avon and Gloucestershire - help with tasks such as shopping, collecting prescriptions and light house-hold work - Call 0117 301 2619
- WomanKind - Telephone and Webchat Helpline - 0345 458 2914 / 0117 916 6461
- NHS Course - Building your wellbeing and helping you cope
- The Music Train group for live-streamed gigs!
- Bristol men’s ‘mental fitness’ group users rise during lockdown
COVID-19 Facebook Support Groups