One You South Gloucestershire - Wellbeing
About the service
One You South Gloucestershire brings everything together to support local people in South Gloucestershire to improve their wellbeing as well as make healthier lifestyle choices.
The service is delivered jointly by Southern Brooks Community Partnerships and South Gloucestershire Council and other community partners including The Diversity Trust, The Carers Support Centre and Developing Health and Independence (DHI). This service builds on the previous provision of the Wellbeing College, Community Connectors and Health Champions.
Aims of the Service
- Feel more confident about managing your emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more able to get involved in your local communities
- Feel less isolated, and anxious
- Feel able to make changes in other areas of your lives
One You South Gloucestershire is for all adults over the age of 18 who are South Gloucestershire residents or registered with a GP practice in South Gloucestershire.
Improving Your Wellbeing (Multiple Venues)
Meet the local Wellbeing Coach for a friendly chat and 1-1 support to make a basic plan to improve your wellbeing
Wellbeing Drop-Ins - Yate
Drop in for a friendly chat and 1-1 support to make a basic plan to improve your wellbeing.
Art Cafe - Patchway
Bring your art or craft projects along to this friendly group
Men's Group - Online
Would you like a bit more social contact but don't know what to do or where to go? How about joining our new friendly and supportive men's group.
Women's Group - Online
Join with other women to share ideas about managing our wellbeing.
Building Resilience - Online
A reflection on what creates personal resilience and a chance to plan our own resilience building techniques.
Walking for Wellbeing - Little Stoke
Join our friendly wellbeing workers for an easy walk around Little Stoke Park for some fresh air and a chat
The Art of Nature - Online
In this session we will look at the influence of nature in art and a craft activity we can do at home.
Motivation, Change & You - Online
Join us to explore how you can start to take small steps, set achievable goals and get more motivated.
Wellbeing Workshop Taster Sessions - Online
Build ways to make it through some of the challenges that life brings
Tea & Talk - Online
Grab a cuppa, meet new people and have a chat
Photography for Wellbeing - Online
Improve your wellbeing and form social connections through photography and discussions
Relax For Inner Peace And Wellbeing - Online
In this session, we'll be covering ideas about how to relax, sleep better and discover inner peace.
Self Care - Online
Explore ways that you can start to prioritise your own wellbeing through practising self-care
Guided Visualisation Meditation - Online
Visualise different places, experiences and colours to help bring a holistic balance and positive sense of wellbeing
Courses for Carers
Courses for carers to improve and maintain wellbeing
Thriving at Work
Information and support for local employers to support staff
Get in touch
Sign up to our mailing list
Get notified when we add new workshops and courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- NHS check your symptoms
- NHS Health guidance
- GOV.UK information on coronavirus
- Multilingual Coronavirus Information
- Be Aware of Coronavirus Scams
- One You South Glos Coronavirus Information
- 10 anxiety tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Bristol independent businesses delivering & providing remote services during Coronavirus shutdown
- Coping strategies for anxious times
- NHS - Fitness Studio Exercise Videos
Which other organisations can support me?
- AWP Mental health 24/7 telephone response line - 0300 3031320
- National and local organisations for wellbeing support
- Independent Mental Health Network - Service and Organisation Guide
- South Gloucestershire Community Meals
- South Gloucestershire Food Banks
- South Gloucestershire Council’s Welfare Grants Scheme
- British Red Cross – Wiltshire, Avon and Gloucestershire - help with tasks such as shopping, collecting prescriptions and light house-hold work - Call 0117 301 2619
- WomanKind - Telephone and Webchat Helpline - 0345 458 2914 / 0117 916 6461
- NHS Course - Building your wellbeing and helping you cope
- The Music Train group for live-streamed gigs!
- Bristol men’s ‘mental fitness’ group users rise during lockdown
COVID-19 Facebook Support Groups