One You South Gloucestershire - Wellbeing
About the service
One You South Gloucestershire brings everything together to support local people in South Gloucestershire to improve their wellbeing as well as make healthier lifestyle choices.
The service is delivered jointly by Southern Brooks Community Partnerships and South Gloucestershire Council and other community partners including The Diversity Trust, The Carers Support Centre and Developing Health and Independence (DHI). This service builds on the previous provision of the Wellbeing College, Community Connectors and Health Champions.
Aims of the Service
- Feel more confident about managing your emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more able to get involved in your local communities
- Feel less isolated, and anxious
- Feel able to make changes in other areas of your lives
One You South Gloucestershire is for all adults over the age of 18 who are South Gloucestershire residents or registered with a GP practice in South Gloucestershire.
Life After Lockdown
A friendly and informative session exploring how we can manage our feelings and look at some tips to cope with living in the 'new normal'.
A reflection on what creates personal resilience and a chance to plan our own resilience building techniques.
Walking for Wellbeing
Why not join our friendly wellbeing workers for a socially distant but easy walk around Little Stoke Park or Lilliput Park for some fresh air and a chat!
The Art of Nature
In this session we will look at the influence of nature in art and a craft activity we can do at home.
Motivation, Change & You
Join us to explore how you can start to take small steps, set achievable goals and get more motivated.
Wellbeing Workshop Taster Sessions
Build ways to make it through some of the challenges that life brings
Tea & Talk
Grab a cuppa, meet new people and have a chat
Photography for Wellbeing
Improve your wellbeing and form social connections through photography and discussions
Relax For Inner Peace And Wellbeing
In this session, we'll be covering ideas about how to relax, sleep better and discover inner peace.
Explore ways that you can start to prioritise your own wellbeing through practising self-care
Guided Visualisation Meditation
Visualise different places, experiences and colours to help bring a holistic balance and positive sense of wellbeing
Courses for Carers
Courses for carers to improve and maintain wellbeing
Thriving at Work
Information and support for local employers to support staff
Get in touch
Sign up to our mailing list
Get notified when we add new workshops and courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- NHS check your symptoms
- NHS Health guidance
- GOV.UK information on coronavirus
- Multilingual Coronavirus Information
- Be Aware of Coronavirus Scams
- One You South Glos Coronavirus Information
- 10 anxiety tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Bristol independent businesses delivering & providing remote services during Coronavirus shutdown
- Coping strategies for anxious times
- NHS - Fitness Studio Exercise Videos
Which other organisations can support me?
- AWP Mental health 24/7 telephone response line - 0300 3031320
- National and local organisations for wellbeing support
- Independent Mental Health Network - Service and Organisation Guide
- South Gloucestershire Community Meals
- South Gloucestershire Food Banks
- South Gloucestershire Council’s Welfare Grants Scheme
- British Red Cross – Wiltshire, Avon and Gloucestershire - help with tasks such as shopping, collecting prescriptions and light house-hold work - Call 0117 301 2619
- WomanKind - Telephone and Webchat Helpline - 0345 458 2914 / 0117 916 6461
- NHS Course - Building your wellbeing and helping you cope
- The Music Train group for live-streamed gigs!
- Bristol men’s ‘mental fitness’ group users rise during lockdown
COVID-19 Facebook Support Groups