About the service
One You South Gloucestershire brings everything together to support local people in South Gloucestershire to improve their wellbeing as well as make healthier lifestyle choices.
The service is delivered jointly by Southern Brooks and South Gloucestershire Council. This service builds on the previous provision of the Wellbeing College, Community Connectors and Health Champions.
Aims of the service
- Feel more confident about managing your emotional and mental wellbeing
- Feel more able to get involved in your local communities
- Feel less isolated and anxious
- Feel able to make changes in other areas of your life
One You South Gloucestershire is for all adults over the age of 18 who are South Gloucestershire residents or registered with a GP practice in South Gloucestershire.
Art Wellbeing Workshop
Great opportunity to take timeout for yourself & connect with others.
Guided meditation for relaxation.
Creative Writing for Wellbeing
Come and paddle in a sea of words and explore different ways to express yourself.
A relaxing peaceful art, recognised for increasing health and vitality of mind and body.
Journaling for Self-Confidence
Make friends, learn coping techniques for anxiety/low self-esteem and build your confidence in a safe, space through journaling.
Happiness from Scraps
A happy series of workshops to spark creativity and to think about what it means, and what it takes, to find our own happiness.
Lets Talk Menopause
Bringing people together to share and learn.
Feeling the Canvas
A workshop to connect with your emotions and explore your creativity free of judgment.
Wellbeing Art Group
Come along to this fun and creative session, using art/craft to help improve your wellbeing. No experience necessary!
Creative Workshop for Women
Join a series of practical creative wellbeing sessions that will explore how we feel about being a woman at all the different stages of life.
Get in touch
Sign up to our mailing list
Get notified when we add new workshops and courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- NHS check your symptoms
- NHS Health guidance
- GOV.UK information on coronavirus
- Multilingual Coronavirus Information
- Be Aware of Coronavirus Scams
- One You South Glos Coronavirus Information
- 10 anxiety tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Bristol independent businesses delivering & providing remote services during Coronavirus shutdown
- Coping strategies for anxious times
- NHS - Fitness Studio Exercise Videos
Which other organisations can support me?
- AWP Mental health 24/7 telephone response line - 0300 3031320
- National and local organisations for wellbeing support
- Independent Mental Health Network - Service and Organisation Guide
- South Gloucestershire Community Meals
- South Gloucestershire Food Banks
- South Gloucestershire Council’s Welfare Grants Scheme
- British Red Cross – Wiltshire, Avon and Gloucestershire - help with tasks such as shopping, collecting prescriptions and light house-hold work - Call 0117 301 2619
- WomanKind - Telephone and Webchat Helpline - 0345 458 2914 / 0117 916 6461
- NHS Course - Building your wellbeing and helping you cope
- The Music Train group for live-streamed gigs!
- Bristol men’s ‘mental fitness’ group users rise during lockdown
COVID-19 Facebook Support Groups