Yate Priority Neighbourhoods
Abbotswood Action Group was created 14 years ago and is the local community group which encourages and hosts regular gatherings of anyone and everyone who lives, works, is employed within, or has a care about this area. We discuss ideas and make plans which help bring the local community together, tackle issues, voice concerns to local authorities, and also improve the local environment.
St Nicholas Family Centre,
Everyone is welcome at the Cranleigh Court Community Hub situated in Tyndale Primary School. The purpose of the hub is to create and build connections and opportunity in the local area. We offer advice, guidance, signposting to connect with others and pursue the things that matter most to local people. We would like to hear your ideas about how to make positive changes in your neighbourhood.
Community Hub at Tyndale Primary School,
Community Coordinator – Abbotswood & Cranleigh Court, and Volunteering Yate Coordinator
Tel: 07929 787478
Alexandra works in partnership with Abbotswood Action Group. Visit their website here: www.abbotswoodaction.orgWhat’s on:
- Drop in on Monday between 3:30 pm and 5:30 pm and talk to Alex about your community. What you love and what you would like to change.
- Abbotswood Spring Clean: This is an outdoor event, revolving around making Abbotswood a friendly and clean place for its residents to live.
- Sustainable September: a few different activities and events taking place through this month which are all related to the local and world environment, and sustainability. Watch this space for more details.
- November Abbotswood Christmas Fayre: The venue for this event will depend entirely on the weather! The Christmas Fair typically includes market stalls, a visit from Father Christmas, and of course switching the Christmas Lights on! Watch this space for more details.
For more information on these events go to: www.abbotswoodaction.org/events.html
For more information about our work in Priority Neighbourhoods, click below. Priority Neighbourhoods
- 2pm-4pm Volunteering Drop-In – Come and talk to Alex about all things volunteering. She’ll even make you a cuppa!
- 11am-1pm Community Fridge and Café – come and get free surplus food and stay for our “pay what you can café”. All welcome.
- 10am Litter Picking – Every other week. Please join us for as little or as much as you would like and stay for a coffee and a chat afterwards.
We are happy to announce that from late June we will be starting:
- Job Club on Mondays.
- Tai-Chi and chat on Thursday afternoons.
Check Facebook for more updates.