Yate Priority Neighbourhoods
Abbotswood Action Group was created 14 years ago and is the local community group which encourages and hosts regular gatherings of anyone and everyone who lives, works, is employed within, or has a care about this area. We discuss ideas and make plans which help bring the local community together, tackle issues, voice concerns to local authorities, and also improve the local environment.
St Nicholas Family Centre,
Everyone is welcome at the Cranleigh Court Community Hub situated in Tyndale Primary School. The purpose of the hub is to create and build connections and opportunity in the local area. We offer advice, guidance, signposting to connect with others and pursue the things that matter most to local people. We would like to hear your ideas about how to make positive changes in your neighbouhood.
Community Hub at Tyndale Primary School,
Abbotswood, Yate and Dodington Community Development Coordinator
Cranleigh Court Community
Alexandra works in partnership with Abbotswood Action Group. Visit their website here: www.abbotswoodaction.org
- Abbotswood Spring Clean: This is an outdoor event, revolving around making Abbotswood a friendly and clean place for its residents to live.
- Sustainable September: a few different activities and events taking place through this month which are all related to the local and world environment, and sustainability. Watch this space for more details.
November Abbotswood Christmas Fayre: The venue for this event will depend entirely on the weather! The Christmas Fair typically includes market stalls, a visit from Father Christmas, and of course switching the Christmas Lights on! Watch this space for more details.
For more information on these events go to: www.abbotswoodaction.org/events.html
- Job Club on Mondays from 11 am -1 pm. There is no need to book, simply pop along when you need some support. Our employment and skills developments coaches will provide you with support to update your CV, search for jobs and send applications to employers. Free access to computers and WiFi.
- Wellbeing drop-in biweekly on Tuesday 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm. Come along to meet new people, learn new skills and find new ways to improve your wellbeing. Activities include: arts and crafts, peer support, mindfulness workshops, healthy eating, and fun games sessions. This peer support group is run by Southern Brooks' Project Coordinator, Rosie.
- Cranleigh Court Community Café biweekly on Wednesday 10 am - 12 pm. This group is led by residents. Please give Brian a call on 07780 188146 if you have an enquiry or require assistance with transport.
- Computer Club on Thursdays 1:30 pm - 4 pm. The club aims to help local people learn computer literacy. The Southern Brooks Health Champion and JobNetworkBristol director Matt and two other volunteers offer their skills in a group setting. You will improve basic IT and employment skills and you can look at volunteering opportunities.