Tea and Talk Online
Tea and talk online sessions are for anyone living in South Glos to meet and share their own experiences.
Come and meet new people, learn from each other and share what helps to improve and maintain good emotional wellbeing.
The group is facilitated by a wellbeing coach to ensure everyone always feels welcome and ensure that it's a safe space to talk.
Online sessions are approximately 1 hour and you are welcome to join or leave the session at any point.
- Respect each other
- Give space to each other
- No swearing at each other
- If we are worried about anyone we will do what is needed to keep them safe
- What is said online, stays online
- If you need to leave the chat, message someone in the chat, so we know you are OK.
We ask everyone to have a private space when they join a session in the same way that we have a private space when we all meet face to face.
Tips for joining the group
Things that may help when joining online peer support:
- If you have earphones with a microphone – use these as it is usually easier to hear others, and we can hear you better.
- If you are not speaking ‘mute’ your microphone.
- You may find the connection better if you download the Android App or iOS App but you do not need to have the App to join in.
- If you get stuck with any of the IT - get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also join the session using a mobile phone or landline phone, details will be sent when you have booked a session.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I book?
You can register for any of our sessions on our One You South Gloucestershire Eventbrite page.
Which platform do you use for online sessions?
We use Google Meet. Instructions to join, and a reminder for the session will be emailed to you after booking your session through Eventbrite. Please remember to check your spam folder! You can use a PC/laptop using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. You can also download the app on Android and iOS devices. We also provide an option to dial-in using a landline or mobile phone (charged at local call rate).
Do I need to have a Google account to join the session?
No, you only need to book your place on Eventbrite.
Do I need to have a webcam or microphone to join the session?
Yes, you will need to have a webcam and microphone to get involved with activities and discussions.
About the service
If you have any questions or would prefer to book over the phone then call us on 01454 868583 or email email@example.com
This session is run by Southern Brooks Community Partnerships on behalf of South Gloucestershire Council.
One You South Gloucestershire is for all adults over the age of 18 who are South Gloucestershire residents or registered with a GP practice in South Gloucestershire.
To find out about other courses please see our One You South Gloucestershire Eventbrite page.
For more information about healthy lifestyles and wellbeing in South Gloucestershire please visit oneyou.southglos.gov.uk